or make 4 interest-free payments of $49.75 AUD fortnightly with More info
VeloKicks, born in Geelong so what better name for our first MTB shoe than after the You Yangs track whose name really is a beautiful summation of what it is like to ride and what our mountain bike experience tends to mostly consist of. Lactic.
Crafted again with a generous wider fit, we opted away from a full carbon fibre sole after testing supported what consultant had recommended. Carbon composite soles provide more comfort (compared to full carbon fibre) when the inevitable time comes - at least for us - that you need to 'hike a bike'. There is, in fact, such a thing as too much stiffness. And even with the added bonus of less carbon meaning we could bring the costs down (to save money for post ride snacks), that this design choice would make our kicks more comfortable the choice was simple.
And while some might find it a little coincidental that VeloKicks started getting samples of SPD shoes right around the time they had a new gravel bike in the works... regardless, the wait is over. VeloKicks now have you covered off road with the Lactic.
- ATOP MOZ dual dials for extensive volume control
- Carbon sole for optimal power transfer
- Sliders for the cleats, allowing a greater range of fore/aft positioning
- Generous volume upper that accommodates all cycling orthoses
- Toebox screws to add screw in studs (for CX or those insanely muddy rides)
- Toebox guards
- VeloKicks shoe bag, to keep your kicks comfy and protected when they're not on your feet
- SPD drilling for 2-bolt MTB cleats
- Synthetic leather material, no animals products are used in the construction of our kicks
Please refer here to our chart for sizing and comparison to other brands to work out what size best fits you. NOTE that sizes 38 to 46 are available, slightly less than our regular road range. We will look to expand in 2021 to a 47 (possibly higher) with notification via out newsletter when this is looking likely.